Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
2. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Coffee Music Project competition, or any other matter relating to the competition, the decision of The Coffee Music Project shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Coffee Music Project.
4. By taking part in The Coffee Music Project, you are using your talent to support an incredible cause – Project Waterfall, bringing lifesaving clean drinking water to coffee growing communities across the world. This includes sharing via social media appropriate promotional information when instructed.
5. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. The Coffee Music Project reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
6. The competition is only open to persons who are resident in the United States of America and persons who are resident outside of the United States of America may not apply.
7. The competition is open to persons only over the age of 18, that includes ALL band members where appropriate.
8. The Coffee Music Project reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to The Coffee Music Project disqualifying that person, without The Coffee Music Project giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
9. The supplementary prize of $1,500 is primarily for the LA Coffee Festival (NYC competition) and the London Coffee Festival (LA competition), and subsequent Coffee Music Project performance dates. If the applicants for any reason cannot commit to performance dates already mentioned in the application process, these funds will be offered to the runner up.
10. Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
11. There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
12. Only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that The Coffee Music project discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 8 above.
13. No more than 4 band members.
14. This is an acoustic event only. No amps, no drums (only light percussion, i.e. Cajon).
15. Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct.
16. Prizes are non-transferable .
17. Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in rule 8.
18. The Coffee Music Project accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION
19. You agree that The Coffee Music Project may use your promotional photo and any other promotional items (whether or not you win the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on The Coffee Music Project website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media).
20. The Coffee Music Project will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
21. All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county and country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.